What an amazing year of theatre 2013 has been. So hard to pinpoint the highlights, but here are my Top 3.
- Delectable Shelter – Hayloft Project (Brisbane Powerhouse)
- Kitchen – Gob Squad – World Theatre Festival (Brisbane Powerhouse)
- Psycho Beach Party – A Little Ones Theatre Production – Brisbane Festival (QUT Theatre Republic)
And some other notable mentions:
- Favourite event: World Theatre Festival at Brisbane Powerhouse
- Favourite performers: Barbara Lowing, Jason Klarwein
- Best ensemble show: Tequila Mockingbird (Shake and Stir)
- Best musical: Blood Brothers (Harvest Rain)
- Biggest laughs: Delectable Shelter (Hayloft Project)
- Biggest surprise: Kitchen (Gob Squad)
- Biggest letdown: Trollop (QTC)
- Most overhyped: The Wizard of Oz (La Boite)
Not Brissy but worth a mention:
- Best staging: Sydney Theatre Company’s Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
- Best lighting: RSC’s Richard II
And what am I most anticipating in 2014:
- QTC – Gasp
- La Boite – Cock
- La Boite Indie – 4000 hours
…. thus far.
2014… Bring it on!